Overview (Program Summary)
Reductions in force can be fraught with legal risk. Fiona and Parker will discuss some important issues employers should be thinking about when conducting a RIF, including the following:
- The selection process – nondiscriminatory factors and adverse impact analyses
- Severance agreements – what to include and exclude
- A brief mention of the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act and Maryland’s mini-WARN
- Best practices on communicating the decision
- Voluntary retirement incentive programs – an alternative?
Fiona Ong and Parker Thoeni