Overview (Program Summary)
Become familiar with two recent trends in marketing law:
- “We’ll donate $1 to charity for every purchase of our widget” is becoming a more very common marketing tool, but did you know that almost half of the states have specific laws regulating these promotions?
- Another newly-popular marketing tool is a brand’s use of influencers to promote their product on social media. The FTC has recently stepped up enforcement of its regulations on social media influencers.
The presentation will help you navigate through this developing field and give you the opportunity to learn more about:
- Cause marketing and commercial coventures, including contractual, advertising & registration requirements;
- The newly-enacted CA AB-488 affecting online charitable solicitations;
- The FTC guidelines for influencers and endorsements; and
- Recent FTC enforcement activities against social media influencers.
ROBERT LAPLACA, Partner, Verrill (Westport CT)
BION PIEPMEIER, Managing Counsel, Senior Director, BlueTriton Brands, Inc.