BEING A CHANGE AGENT IN DISRUPTIVE TIMES
12 - 14 May 2019, Edinburgh, Scotland
Join in-house colleagues from across Europe and further afield to celebrate, at ACC Europe's Annual Conference, over a quarter of a century of ACC Europe's growth.
There has been an evolution in the role of the in-house lawyer over the last 25 years: from legal advisor to trusted advisor, to change agent and strategic business partner. The evolution is ongoing.
In three dynamic programme tracks, delegates will have the opportunity to broaden the skills necessary to succeed and keep up with constant change.
Topics will include:
- A new step in your in-house career, thinking of becoming a GC or CLO?
- An alternative perspective on the philosophy of collaboration in teams - breaking down the silo mentality
- The in-house lawyer of the 2020's: be and remain innovative, embrace change, dare to disrupt
Lead the Law
- Competition law update
- Brexit - the end, or just the beginning?
- The march of the machines? The legal and ethical issues of AI
- Data overload? Data protection - GDPR and beyond
- A step to the right? Doing business in the new world order
Lead the Business
- Compliance and internal investigations
- The rise of (wearing the glasses of) the Chief Legal Operations Officer
- New skills to innovate: checks and balances to the potential of AI (intended and unintended consequences)
- Lawful tech and innovative tools
- Cross functional leadership and decision making in times of uncertainty
As well as plenary and panel sessions, networking and coaching opportunities, the programme will include interactive workshop sessions "Law Labs" across all tracks.