ACC GEORGIA CHAPTER JOB BOARD
Position Posted: November 5, 2022
Consilio is currently seeking Corporate Counsel candidates with a minimum of 5 years of experience for a very unique opportunity to join the legal team of a company with global headquarters in Savannah, Georgia and over $3 billion in global sales. Client is seeking a generalist who can provide practical and focused legal advice on a wide variety of commercial matters, compliance with laws and regulations, management of intellectual property, and litigation management. Attorney will also review, draft and negotiate agreements of varying complexity, including: commodity transactional agreements (master purchase and sale agreements; transportation (rail, barge and trucking) agreements; storage and handling agreements; IP license agreements; leases and customer and supplier contracts.
Please contact Lisa Lemke at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in learning more about this unique opportunity.
Position Posted: October 12, 2022
Senior Corporate Counsel – Privacy
We are looking for a talented person to join the Nordstrom Legal Department as Senior Corporate Counsel - Privacy. The ideal candidate has strong privacy experience, 7-10 years of practice at a law firm or in-house, and a desire to learn and to build deep business partnerships.
- 7-10 years of experience as a lawyer at a top-tier law firm or in-house legal department, with at least 4 years focusing on privacy law;
- Significant experience negotiating vendor and service provider contracts including data privacy and security terms;
- Strong knowledge of U.S. and Canadian privacy law, and data security requirements, including CAN-SPAM, TCPA, behavioral advertising, GLBA, HIPAA, PIPEDA, and state privacy laws (CCPA, CPRA, CDPA, etc.);
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US, CIPP/C, or other IAPP credential) preferred;
- Excellent time management, analysis, and advising skills;
- Ability to succinctly summarize recommendations and tailor communications by audience;
- Familiarity with existing and emerging technology and e-commerce strongly preferred; retail experience is a plus (but not required);
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and interact comfortably and effectively with people in various roles and levels within the Company;
- Understanding of marketing, targeted advertising, and data analytics strongly preferred;
- A passion for privacy, data protection, and data policy; and
- J.D. with a license to practice law in in any U.S. jurisdiction.
This role reports to the Vice President and Associate General Counsel – Operations, Governance & SEC. Seattle metro area-based is preferred, but not required.
The position will be a member of a collaborative Legal Department and will provide internal stakeholders with practical legal advice and guidance regarding privacy in a dynamic and rapidly involving business environment. This team member will work most closely with the Company’s Privacy, Information Security, and Strategic Sourcing organizations to support its privacy program, enterprise-wide business initiatives, compliance efforts, and incident response efforts.
Candidates meeting the above requirements should apply at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3294875386.