What is it?
Law Department Leadership 2.0 will help in-house counsel hone their leadership skills to be more effective law department leaders, collaborate with non-legal staff to meet their organization’s business challenges and benchmark their personal and department’s performance against others in the in-house community.
ACC and leading Canadian in-house counsel developed the intensive, one-day program because today’s companies require that their in-house counsel be effective managers as well as excellent lawyers.
Who should attend?
The program is designed to provide practical information for in-house lawyers who have or will soon have management responsibilities.
What will you learn?
- How to measure and demonstrate the value of your legal department in a way that contributes to the achievement of your organization’s overall strategic goals;
- Tactics for providing legal advice in a way that contributes to business development and effecting positive strategic change throughout your organization from your role as counsel;
- Strategies for planning and adjusting the legal department's development as the business changes in size and geographic markets;
- How to build a team with diverse skills and manage the legal department more efficiently;
- The many next-step career options available to in-house counsel within an organization and how best to position oneself for those opportunities;
- How to be an effective leader, set a strategic vision, and obtain the buy-in from your team, other departments and management; and
- The people skills necessary to succeed as in-house counsel and practical tips for building and improving connections with various types of stakeholders.
A special thank you to our advisory board for their guidance and dedication in developing the program:
Senior Legal Counsel
Hydro One Networks, Inc.
General Counsel & Corp. Secretary
SAP Canada Inc.
Vision Critical Communications
Royal Bank of Canada
Associate General Counsel
Bank of Montreal
Dow Chemical Canada ULC
Vice President, Legal & Asst. Secretary
Ford Credit Canada Limited
MaRS Discovery District
Assistant General Counsel
|Stephanie Shores Lambert