Pro Bono and Community Service Resources
Interested in pro bono opportunities? Check out these resources to learn about pro bono projects, some of which may include malpractice coverage.
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation: this link provides a great listing of a variety of local pro bono projects. http://www.pittsburghprobono.org/Pro_Bono_Volunteer_opportunities.asp
- VetLex: ABA sponsored national project to match pro bono lawyers with veterans for limited representation matters.https://vetlex.org/
- PA Rule 6.1 – Pro bono:https://www.pacode.com/secure/data/204/chapter81/s6.1.html
- ABA Model Rule 6.1 – Pro bono: https://www.americanbar.org/groups/probono_public_service/policy/aba_model_rule_6_1.html
The national organization of the Association of Corporate Counsel is encouraging chapters around the country to engage in community service in September. If you are interested in being a part of a community service project or would be willing to organize a project for our Western PA Chapter, please contact the Chapter Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for a community service project to get engaged in now? Check out some of these local resources that maintain ongoing lists of volunteer opportunities:
- Pittsburgh Cares: https://www.pittsburghcares.org/search?sort_c=&sort_o=&opportunity_id=&page=1
- United Way of South Western Pennsylvania:https://uwswpa.org/be-a-volunteer/